top of page

Eildon Primary School No: 3931

Est: 1916

Formerly the "Sugarloaf Waterworks School" and

"Eildon Weir Primary School".​

Sugarloaf Waterworks School no 3931 was established on May1st 1916 and the first Head Teacher was John W Smith. 

  • Parents petitioned against the suitability of the hall so the school was moved.

  • The approximate position of this site is in Lake Eildon Spillway where the power transmission lines cross, halfway between Honeymoon Creek and the Pondage.

  • The name of the school was changed to Eildon Weir on the 3rd October 1923.

  • The present building of ten rooms and an office block was built by A. V. Jennings under contract to State Rivers and Water Supply Commission, to an American design.

  • This was handed over to the Education Department in November 1952.

  • The name of the school was changed again on June 19, 1959 to Eildon Primary School.    

It was a wooden structure of two rooms and a cloakroom.  It was shifted to the current site on Centre Avenue and High Street in 1950.
The existing school of ten rooms and office block were completed in November 1951


bottom of page